Ayana Journeys is looking for a Country Manager to support the growth of our ethical, educational tourism enterprise in beautiful Cambodia. This is a new role within the company, and as a result includes a comprehensive (approx.) 9 months training period to fully prepare the individual for this exciting position in our senior leadership team. If you’re a passionate, values-driven tourism professional looking for a creative and meaningful role – we look forward to hearing from you!
But first, a little about us…
Ayana Journeys specialises in development education study tours for high school and university students, as well as immersive day tour experiences in Siem Reap and longer special interest trips across Cambodia.
- Essential – please provide proof in your application…
- Minimum 1 year experience working in South East Asia (preferably Cambodia).
- Proven previous experience in one or more of the following: responsible tourism, experiential education / educational travel, and development education.
- Native-English speaker, with high level of competency in both written and verbal communication.
- Travel experience in and familiarity with Cambodia.
- Previous tourism management experience (minimum 2 years).
- A love and passion for Cambodia and responsible, educational travel, with a commitment to stay in-country for at least 3 years or more.
- Cross-cultural competency and a proven background in working in mixed-culture teams.
- Values-centric – deep commitment to upholding company values and ethics in everything we do.
- Patient and supportive – enjoys supporting the growth and development of our team.
- Pro-active and organised – ability to independently create their own strategy of work and manage their own deadlines.
- Adaptable and flexible – can ‘wear many hats’ and enjoys working on a wide variety of tasks and projects.
- Leader and visionary – can drive growth and motivate a team to work towards goals and targets.
- Culturally-aware – experienced team player in a cross-cultural environment and sensitive to working expectations in Cambodia.
- Conscientious – a high commitment to quality and follow-through; takes pride in their work.
- Oversee whole team and line manage department Managers for HR needs and requirements.
- Build and expand our team as needed and in line with the growth of the business.
- Business management
- Lead on company vision and strategy for growth.
- Upholding the Ayana Journeys philosophy and values in everything we do.
- Oversee partnership development and maintenance.
- Finance and compliance
- Liaise with our Finance and Compliance Manager to ensure all financial and legal reporting are at the highest standard, and sign off on company documentation.
- Support with product development, itinerary proposals, and oversee logistics management of our education tour programs and day tour offerings.
- Nurture our tour partnerships including university / school clients, and provide worldclass personalised service.
- Marketing, sales, and communications
- Assist in getting Ayana’s brand ‘out there’ through global marketing and communications.
- Establish a sales strategy and ‘get the wheels in motion’ for strategic growth and ensure company sustainability.
- Application deadline: Friday 6th March 2020 (extended from original date Monday 2nd) – Send us your current CV and a cover letter detailing why you think you’d be great for this position. Please email email@example.com with any questions or your application
- Suggested start date: April / May 2020 (open for discussion)
- This is a full-time position based in Siem Reap, Cambodia (standard working hours Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 5.30pm). The candidate should be aware that some flexible working hours are required in the tourism industry, and travel around Cambodia can be expected as part of this role (especially during the first 4 months or so of starting the role as part of your orientation to the company)
- Package includes approx. 35 days of annual leave a year (including Cambodian public holidays) and employment visa / work book as per Cambodian law. Relocation packages may be considered / to be discussed. Initial monthly salary of between USD $1,000 – $1,500 based on experience, with a view to increase upon successful completion of training period.