Introducing our new Alumni Ambassador network! We’re looking for passionate young travellers who want to raise awareness about responsible travel issues with fellow students. If you had a life-changing experience on an Ayana study tour, we would love to work with you.
Who are our Alumni Ambassadors?
An Ayana Alumni Ambassador is a university student or graduate who has participated in an Ayana Journeys’ educational experience in Cambodia or Malaysia. We’re looking for young travellers who can share their transformative travel experience with teaching staff and peers at your university or other institutions in your area.
This is a remote internship position for previous participants that can take place in your home-country (we’re particularly interested in building a network of Ambassadors in Australia, Canada, and the US). You will be paid on a pre-agreed commission basis.
You will help us build relationships with universities, schools, or individuals and support with the sale of custom-built immersion programs. You might also help us create the next generation of responsible travellers, and deliver educational activities for students in your area on topics you covered in your tour, such as the complexities of volunteering abroad and orphanage tourism.
What we ask of you? Possibilities include:
- Attend meetings with academics on our behalf
- Coordinate student events and share your experience with young travellers
- Co-design and facilitate educational activities for student groups on responsible travel issues
- Attend events (e.g. study abroad fairs, trade shows, or associated conferences) and represent Ayana Journeys to relevant audiences
- Support us with social media content creation from students and groups in your area
- Deliver pre-trip preparation sessions with students due to travel with Ayana Journeys
What skills are required?
- Excellent public speaker
- Passionate and knowledgeable about responsible tourism and social change
- Target driven individual
- Confident and happy to work independently
- Social media savvy
- Able to build on existing connections / network with universities and student groups
What you’ll get in return?
- Attractive commission package for any tours sold on our behalf
- Flexible working hours with no minimum or maximum commitment required
- Letter of recommendation from Ayana Journeys to future employers and an overseas referee to build your CV upon completion
- Opportunity to join study tours in Cambodia as an assistant facilitator (for suitable candidates) – more adventure and learning opportunities!
How to apply?
- Submit your online application any time – we are recruiting on a rolling basis but do have limited opportunities* per location
* Applications for Melbourne, Australia are currently CLOSED
- If you have any questions about this role, please drop us an email firstname.lastname@example.org