Introduction to Buddhism, Siem Reap
Theravada Buddhism is a cornerstone of Cambodia’s culture, and exploring this peaceful philosophy will give you a deeper insight into the Kingdom and its people. Spend time with monks at a local pagoda, learning about their daily lives, rituals, and the practice of meditation. Explore the role of Buddhism in society, participate in a traditional blessing, and find out why monks always wear orange robes!
- visit to a local pagoda
- discussion with a monk and learn about their daily lives
- Buddhist art and architecture
- traditional blessing (optional)
- introduction to meditation
- exploration of Cambodia’s spiritual journey through history (Animism, Hinduism, Buddhism)
- understanding Buddhism as philosophy, culture, and religion in Cambodian context
This tour is only led by experienced guides who spent their youth as Buddhist monks. You can include the temples of Angkor as part of this tour if you wish.
This trip runs for half a day, usually starting early morning.
Further details coming soon…
- Learn from Locals – spend the day with a local expert
- Meet a variety of characters and story tellers
- Gain a deep insight into Khmer culture through spirituality and religion
- Escape the crowds and journey deep into locations popular with local people
- Learn more about our commitment to Socially Responsible Spiritual Tourism
“The tour was worth every cent! This was by far the best tour I ever went on. I highly recommend it to anybody who would like to learn more about Buddhism and Cambodian culture. This is responsible tourism at its best” – Karin, May 2017