A Journey Through Time
Monk for a Month Cambodia “A Journey Through Time”
17th – 30th September 2018 TBC (13 day program) | USD$1,975 per person
We have partnered with World Weavers to offer a unique spiritual experience. Monk for a Month Cambodia is a learning journey in every sense – academic, spiritual, and physical. This journey is carefully crafted to assist participants in expanding their understanding of Theravada Buddhism in a uniquely Cambodian context, and reflecting on what impact this may have on our own faith and/or spirituality. We will learn to chant the sutras in Pali, meet monk-activists dedicated to supporting their communities, and delve into the intricately interlaced philosophies of Buddhism, Hinduism, and Animism in Cambodia.
- Engage your mind, body, and spirit in an adventure crafted to promote personal and spiritual development and growth.
- Cultivate inner calm and a greater sense of wellbeing with an introduction to Vipassana meditation practice.
- Interact with “Monk-Activists” and be inspired by the way in which monastic communities are working to support improvements in education and the environment.
- Develop your knowledge and deepen your wisdom though the teachings, practices and philosophies of Theravada Buddhism.
- Immerse yourself in the vibrant, fascinating culture of Cambodia and explore the complex continuing impact of the Kingdom’s turbulent 20th century.
- Participate in group discussions and reflections, and expose yourself to new perspectives, challenge opinions, and share new ideas.
Please contact us for more information and to book onto this spiritual journey.
“I would call this trip ‘the trip of my life’ – awakening different facets of my soul, enabling me to connect with my inner self and others around me”. – Rajaa, September 2016
“It was a real journey of discovery of the country, the daily lives of the Cambodian people, Buddhism and myself. At times this was a little inconvenient but I loved it!” – Miriam, September 2015