Role: Tours & Logistics Assistant
Level: Entry / Salary: $250 – $320 / month (depending on experience)
Location: Siem Reap (with possible travel across Cambodia)
Duration: initially 1 year
Application deadline: Sunday 28th October 2018
About Ayana Journeys
Ayana Journeys is an educational travel company in Cambodia. We facilitate meaningful connections between visitors and host community members, to encourage cross-cultural learning. We are proud to support community-based tourism, social enterprises, development initiatives and NGOs as part of our model of responsible tourism.
What we’re looking for…
We are looking for a well presented, enthusiastic Khmer National member of staff to join our office based team in Siem Reap.
A detail oriented person, looking for a challenge and an opportunity to grow with a fast-expanding tourism business, you’ll need to have a good level of English, both written and spoken.
- Marketing for day tours, e.g.
- Leaflet printing, tracking, and distribution
- Managing relationships with hotels, cafés, etc
- Responding to and tracking day tour enquiries
- Managing tours, e.g.
- Booking all tour elements (guide, transport, partners, service providers, etc)
- Preparing all resources for tour
- Regular reviewing of relationships and products
- Ensuring and regularly monitoring the Responsible Tourism elements of the day tours
- Assisting with guide training and managing a training schedule with trainee guides
- Adhoc project management
- Quality control
- Site visits, risk assessments, and safety
- All tour logistics bookings (e.g. accommodation, restaurants, transport and restaurants etc)
- Relationships management with service providers
- Preparing resources for tours
- Assist with developing logistics itineraries and orientation for trip leaders
- Translation as/when needed
- Purchasing and inventory
- Ad hoc admin support as needed
Required qualities & experience
- Khmer national only
- Ability to use initiative, be proactive, and manage tasks or projects independently
- Confident communicator in English
- Happy to work in an office environment with a small friendly team
- Strong organisational skills
- Problem solver and adaptable working attitude
- Team player and an open attitude to sharing responsibilities
- Enthusiastic and positive
- Leadership qualities, hard working, punctual, and reliable
Desirable qualities & experience
- Travel experience and geographical understanding of Cambodia
- Experience of international tourism industry standards and expectations (i.e. quality)
Compensation and benefits
This is a full time role (Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5:30pm).
Competitive salary and benefits package offered dependant on experience (see above).
Consistent professional development and training opportunities provided.
Relocation benefits provided for those currently not living in Siem Reap.
How to apply
Send a cover letter outlining your suitability for this position and your current CV to email@example.com before 28th October 2018.