Dreaming of a career in an exotic location? Passionate about responsible travel? Marketing, communications, and design expert? Come join our small team in Cambodia and be part of growing an exciting educational travel company.
About Ayana Journeys
We are a small, responsible travel company based in Siem Reap, Cambodia. We are dedicated to sharing immersive, educational experiences with culturally curious travellers.
All our tours have an element of learning, with a philosophy that travel is as much about learning from new cultures and places, as it is about a life-long learning experience for personal development.
We have strong responsible tourism values, and believe that travel should always benefit the local community; as a result some of our tours directly finance grass-root development projects in rural Cambodia, providing education and youth empowerment projects for disadvantaged young people.
VACANCY – Marketing & Partnerships Coordinator
- Develop and execute a marketing and outreach strategy to grow our market share of educational travel experiences for student travellers
- Support with internal communications
- Manage, monitor, and grow our social media presence
- Build our network of possible partner operators (like-minded, meaningful, unique travel providers)
- Oversee the launch of a new mini-website for our student-based travel
- Contribute to blog and newsletter content
- Implementation of new tours management system
This is a full-time position (Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5:30pm) and based in our office in Siem Reap, Cambodia. Local travel expected, with some possible opportunities to travel regionally.
We’re looking for a minimum of a 12-month commitment.
What we’d like from you
- Genuine passion for responsible travel, education, and international development (existing work experience and / or education in related fields desirable)
- Experience working in travel and / or education desirable
- Native English speaker with exceptional communication skills, particularly written
- Proven experience planning and delivering successful outreach campaigns, resulting in increased engagement and sales
- Confidence to liaise with business partners and / or customers from around the world
- Research skills
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign (or similar), and WordPress website management
- Ability to manage a varied workload and meet deadlines
- Confidence and ability to work independently and with initiative
- Comfortable and excited to live in Cambodia, and willing to travel if / where needed within the country (past experience of travel to developing countries desirable)
What we can offer in return
- Competitive monthly salary
- Business visa / work permit paid for
- Generous holidays and public leave allowance
- Exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic, responsible venture
- Experience living and working in the beautiful city of Siem Reap, just a bike ride from the incredible Temples of Angkor
- Opportunities to travel and participate in our tours and / or other business trips
- Welcoming, peaceful office environment located in a beautiful garden of a boutique hotel
Please send us a cover letter, your current CV, any links to examples of your written or design work, and your earliest possible start date. Applications to be submitted to email@example.com.
Deadline: 31 January 2018 – WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS, THANK YOU
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a Skype interview or in person in Siem Reap in mid-February. Please specify which of these will be possible for you should you be invited to talk about this position further.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.