Sunset Foodies Food Tour
Evening Khmer food trail
Eat your way around the weird and wonderful as you discover Cambodia’s delicious flavours and traditional dishes. Join a local foodie on a multi-destination culinary adventure, including a vibrant night market and favourite local hangouts. Explore a taste of Cambodia not found on the tourist trail, with the help of your guide’s insider knowledge and expert ordering skills.
- Eat at locals favourite restaurants well off the tourist path
- Sample a variety of local flavours and dishes
- Experience the hustle and bustle of a lively night market
- Conclude with a cocktail infused in Khmer flavours (optional)
- Start time – 5.30pm
- Finish time – approx. 10pm
- Meeting place / pick up – pick up from hotel in Siem Reap city
- Cost – depends on group size. Please send us your booking enquiry.
- Special notes – please advise us of any dietary requirements
Your evening food tour begins with pick up from your English speaking local guide. First, you’ll head to a firm favourite local restaurant for your first taste of Khmer ‘after work’ snacks. This busy restaurant is very popular with workers for the common ritual of munching on some flavoursome savoury snacks as the sun begins to set.
From here, you’ll travel by tuktuk to a popular evening hang-out. As well as being a vibrant night market, it is also a funfair and picnic haven, serving up a host of yummy treats. From the weird and wonderful, like fried crickets or fermented duck eggs, to the possibly more palatable fried chicken and rice cakes. Spend time with your local host and learn about Cambodian culture, washed down with a local beer (if you wish), whilst kicking back and playing traditional games.
Your evening winds down with a hearty hot meal at our friend’s family’s restaurant. This incredibly popular joint is famous for serving delicious soup from a recipe passed down by generations. Learn about fresh produce grown on site, and the story of traditional ingredients and flavours in Khmer cuisine. Your tour concludes when we drop you off at your hotel.
Dietary requirements – Unfortunately, due to limited options available at these local eateries, we regret that this tour is not suitable for strict vegan, vegetarian or Halal diets.
- Learn from Locals – spend the evening with a local expert
- Cambodian cuisine is largely undiscovered, get to the heart of the country by sampling its flavours
- Support locally-owned businesses
- Meet a variety of characters and story tellers
“The best (and most delicious) insight into the not-so-common corners of Temple Town. Absolutely 100% recommended” – Meg, May 2016