Spirit of Angkor
The spiritual journey of the temples of Angkor
Uncover the ancient secrets of the magnificent Angkor Temples by following the fascinating spiritual journey of the mighty Khmer Empire. Step back in time as you weave your way through jungle-clad ruins, treading in the footsteps of Hindu holy men, Buddhist rulers, and warrior kings of days gone by. Get off the beaten path and unlock the hidden mysteries of this sacred city.
- Explore the magnificent Angkor Archaeological Park with an experienced local expert guide and ex-monk
- Get off the beaten track and discover lesser visited sites
The temple park is also home to a breathtaking forest, wander between the trees and connect with nature
- Follow the spiritual journey of Angkor – Hinduism, Buddhism, Animism
- Receive a traditional blessing from a monk at a pagoda
This trip runs for half a day, usually starting at sunrise.
This experience has been lovingly handcrafted by Yut, our resident Angkor expert and ex-Buddhist monk. After years guiding at the magnificent Angkor Archaeological Park, Yut has discovered quieter spaces and peaceful trails for our guests to explore. As a place of worship we believe taking time for some tranquility here is both respectful and memorable, and can help you escape the crowds for a moment of inner peace.
Let us guide you through the spiritual journey of Angkor, from Hinduism, Buddhism and Animism. Unfolding the history of this awe-inspiring place through the lens of religion and spirituality allows you to sense its magic!
The protected area is a living landscape, and meeting the people who call this place home is a great way to understand the culture of Angkor. You can also learn about superstitions and folklore common to countryside villages like those in the Angkor area.
Your temple exploration concludes with a hearty lunch at a local restaurant before returning to your place of stay.
- Learn from Locals – spend the day with a local expert
- Support locally-owned businesses
- Meet a variety of characters and story tellers
- Gain a deep insight into Khmer culture through spirituality and religion
- Escape the crowds and journey deep into the temple complex
“We all learned so much! A very different experience than what we would have had just walking around by ourselves” – Mary, June 2016