Role: Day Tours & Logistics Officer
Location: Siem Reap (with expected travel across Cambodia)
Duration: initially 1 year
Application deadline: 31st December 2016
About Ayana Journeys
Ayana Journeys is an educational travel company in Cambodia. We facilitate meaningful connections between visitors and host community members, to encourage cross-cultural learning. We are proud to support community-based tourism, social enterprises, development initiatives and NGOs as part of our model of responsible tourism.
What we’re looking for…
We are looking for a well presented, enthusiastic Khmer National member of staff to join our office based team in Siem Reap.
Customer focused with exemplary attention to detail you’ll need to be fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Manage incoming emails, telephone calls, and office drop-in customer requests for day tours
- Manage a team of freelance guides, booking them for tours and ensuring they are prepared for each trip
- Lead day tours around Siem Reap as an integral part of our Community Guide team
- Assist with product design and quality control of tours
- Maintain and develop relations with community beneficiaries – ensuring that each experience meets our responsible tourism standards, bringing positive benefits to our hosts
- Support the team with training new guides to company standards and inline with our values
- During low season, join educational multi-day tours as a Trainee Facilitator
- Support with general office admin if/when necessary
- Support our Accountant by ensuring invoices and receipts are promptly provided and managed
- Take ownership of marketing day tours within Siem Reap:
- Stock control and printing of marketing collateral
- Supply of marketing materials to hotels
- Maintaining relationships with Tour Desk staff, hotel GMs and Reception staff as appropriate
- Monitoring our social media presence
Required qualities & experience
- Khmer national only
- Confident communicator in English, strong presentation skills
- Deep understanding of, interest in, and ability to communicate, Cambodian history and culture
- Mixed ability to work well in an office environment and out ‘in the field’ on tours
- Worked with tour groups before and previous facilitation/guide experience/training
- Problem solver and adaptable working attitude
- Team player and an open attitude to sharing responsibilities
- Enthusiastic and positive
- Leadership qualities, hard working, punctual and reliable
Desirable qualities & experience
- Travel experience and geographical understanding of Cambodia
- Qualified/experienced guide, facilitator, trip leader, or educator
- Experience of international tourism industry standards and expectations (i.e. quality)
- First aid qualified
Compensation and benefits
This is a full time role (Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5:30pm).
Competitive salary and benefits package offered dependant on experience.
Consistent professional development and training opportunities provided.
Relocation benefits provided for those currently not living in Siem Reap.
How to apply
Send an application letter and your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 31st December 2016.